Sunday, April 15, 2018

Classroom Strategies

It's hard to beleive how much we have covered in this course in such a short amount of time. Over the course of the last two weeks, there has been a lot of different strategies presented in an aray of different formats on various topics. It's fun to see how one strategy works in was class can look completley different in another classs covering a different topic.

Looking at all the different startegies, I am not sure which one I would incorporate, because they all look like I can apply them at various times. However, there is one that I seem to be leaning more towards, and that's the quick write. Quick writes seems like a simple way in which I can gain an understanding of how well the students have begun to master the concepts being taught in class. I love to use Padlet for my quick writes. It allows the students to see what other students have written about and interact with them while giving me a quick climpst as to what what they are understainding.

3 comments:

  1. After seeing last week's presentations, I don't remember many people incorporating the quick write. I think that you're right about every subject being able to use this strategy. It's simple, easy, and with the use of Padlet makes it engaging! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you like to use quick writes on Padlet. I had never heard of Padlet until this class. I am also a fan of Google Classroom in general. The students at the middle school used Google Classroom to answer the teacher's question that was posted. Then the students also commented on each other's posts. It was very similar to what we do in our blog posts. I do think blogs would also be neat to have students create; if permissions allow it. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree we have covered A LOT in this class and think that it will all be useful and can all be incorporated in someway or another when teaching and creating lesson plans!

    ReplyDelete