Saturday, March 31, 2018

Curriculum Evaltion

Recently in my American History class we began going over different aspects of World War 2. We have looked at how the allies started off by trying to appease Germany, but that was a huge failure in slowing German down. We then went on to examine what life was like in America during that time. Next we are going to look at the characteristics of those on both sides of the war. By the end of the lesson students will be able to identify different characteristics of those countries fighting in the war. Student will accomplish this through research and filling out a double bubble. Following the lesson, as a close, students will do a quick write, writing about that if the war would be taking place today what do they the United States be characterized as doing.

This lesson meets the criteria for a good curriculum as it meets the learning objectives and engages students a deeper understanding of the events as well as comparing them to the ideologies of different governments over a period of time.


4 comments:

  1. Your worksheet seems very engaging and will help students to remember the important facts to know for a test. I really enjoy the idea of quick writes and the website the teacher shared with us in class. Definitely helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job with your double bubble. I especially like the clear directions that it provides. Just glancing at this thinking map without the directions can be a little intimidating and confusing, so any bit of clarity helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved History. I have also always liked learning about what the United States was like at different points in History; this is why I think the students would like this lesson. I wonder if you showed video clips or a regular video about American life in this time period. That is just me. I love showing videos related to content; as it seems like the students tend to stay engaged. I like the idea of the quick write as a closure activity. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mind map that you used and think that it will be beneficial to your students! I recently watched the Darkest Hour it's a great movie and think that it would go along great with your lesson. Maybe as a closure activity you could show your students some clips from the movie. Great job!

    ReplyDelete